Wednesday, February 15, 2012

It's a Miracle

Yesterday was one of the best days I have had in a long time...I mean, I have good days a lot, but this one was super rad. And yes, I'm bringing the word rad back. Eating sweets and decadent food with ZERO guilt kinda helped push it over the top in terms of awesomeness.


Super Rad Ways to Have a Super Rad Day:
  1. Wake up feeling rested and good.
  2. PRESENTS from my sweetheart.
  3. Find a little heart sticker on your steering wheel.
  4. Find cupcakes & chocolates on your desk at the office.
  5. Have a very productive workday, cleaning and organizing of files included.
  6. Grocery shop like it's nobodies biz.
  7. Bake cupcakes.
  8. Work more.
  9. BEST THING EVER RIGHT HERE!!!
  10. Make fancy dinner with husband.
  11. Eat fancy dinner while drinking fancy wine with husband.
  12. Eat cupcakes from #7
So in between baking cupcakes, working and making fancy dinner, I ran. Big surprise, right? Not really? OK, fine. I had this run planned into this specific time spot all day...and my body was ready for it. I know that sounds weird, but I really felt excited to run, like I needed it. My knee had felt totally normal since Sunday.

It was cold as balls last night, so I busted out my leggings and long sleeve t-shirt and off I went, without my husband who insisted that it was too cold and needed to light a fire and sit by it. God, what a wiener.

From the moment I started running I knew I was going to have an epic run. And I did. I mean, for me anyway.... but I really really needed that. Mentally and physically. I needed to move my legs fast and breath hard. And I did, with ZERO knee/IT/leg/whatever pain at all. I felt a small twinge around mile 5.5, but wasn't to concerned with it. Running the past 2 weeks over a 9:00/mile was hard on my ego.

I don't want to jinx myself, but I think my issue has been miraculously resolved. I feel good today. No soreness whatsoever. It's so crazy that one day I can feel like a damn sloth, heavy and slow and the next run, I feel like a goddamn gazelle.

Happy.

I walked in the front door with a shit eating grin on my face and when Wade said "how was your run babe?" I told him...It was fu&*$% amazing.

I showered and got my butt in the kitchen. And I ate a lot. And that was my rad day.





1 comment:

  1. I love the word rad! People always make fun of me when I say it, but that is only because they are NOT rad.

    ReplyDelete