Friday, September 28, 2012

Ready as Ever....

I'm going going back back to Cali, Cali.

Yup. 9 days and it's Rock 'n' Roll San Jose (how the eff did I get roped into running another RnR).

Oh yeah.


This little pixie was planning on running it with me, only I'll be running solo due to some old injuries that have popped up in little Gio's knees. I'm bummed yes, but taking care of her body is #1. She says she is excited to cheer me on. She's crazy. This is small for a RnR event, only about 12k runners (include mini marathon) so I am pretty happy that it will be slightly less of a clusterfuck that RnR tends to be. I'm more excited to eat, drink and be merry with my frayonds - the race is just the icing on the cake.

I busted out my last long run this morning. I had a 5:15am wake up call so I could get it done before work and because my weekend is jammed pack (and I want to drink wine tonight, for reals). I ran 12 miles. It was non-eventful. A little tight in my right hip, as usual. It was a reasonable pace and the weather made it a quick and painless run.

My week should end with 36 miles and 3 days of HEAVY weights. I feel good about that. 

Do I feel ready? Yes. Am I going to PR? I sure hope so....but I won't be upset if I don't. I don't feel like I have the speed to do it, hopefully I'll surprise myself.

And hopefully the course is flat. And the weather is cold.

Gio tells me "pack shorts or a dress for the day and a sweater at night".



RIGHT. Did you forget where I am from? That's full on winter for me.

Off to work for a few hours, stuff my face and hopefully have 2 FULL says off. Psh. (um hello pizza party tonight and Dback game tomorrow)

Anyone doing anything SUPER fun this weekend?


No comments:

Post a Comment