Friday, October 12, 2012

A Trail Run Attempt

I'm doing THIS tomorrow.

In an attempt to get my feet wet in the world of trail running I signed signed up for this little race. The distance is short at just 7 miles, but the terrain scares the shit out of me.


Rocks, inclines, steep drops, snakes and of course the HUGE potential to fall down. Bloody knees are a common sight in trail running. Gulp. I am NOT looking to segue into trail running, but since I agreed to pace my buddy for 15 miles of his 100 mile Ultra attempt at the end of this month, so I better get my ass in gear.

This race will be sad and emotional as the Race Director and Founder of this race passed away earlier this year while doing some altitude training at Humphrey's Peak in Flagstaff. He was kind and funny and he was the one who really got me excited about picking out a full marathon last Fall.


But there is something I am excited about! My dad is coming out for this run. And not just to watch, he is going to hike/walk the 3 mile loop! This means so much to me for many reasons, mainly because he wants to get his health and his weight under control, but also, to spend time with me doing something I love.

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. This sounds awful. Please don't die.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome that your dad did this with you! Can't wait to hear how it went. Trails are tough but definitely worth saying you have tried it, even if only once. Falling down is just a part of the adventure! I like to call them battle wounds :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck!!! I want to get into trail running sometime. Too bad we don't live closer! :)

    ReplyDelete