Sunday, October 28, 2012

What Day Is It?

Man oh man has work been NUTS. My business comes in waves and it is crazy right now, which is a blessing in my field...I had a mini meltdown on Tuesday night and woke up Wednesday with my husband's cold that I had been avoiding the past 2 days. Nothing like getting sick when work is busy and you have a race the following weekend.

I was popping Zinc like it was my job, so I think I got the easy version of what he had but it sure is dragging on. A bit of a bummer because with a new running game plan, it forced me to hold back a bit and shuffle some days around.

Here's what I have:

Monday: 5 miles easy + Legs/Abs
Tuesday: 6 miles
Wednesday: 6 miles, speedwork (3x1600 @7:50 + warm and cool) <---- nailed it. 
                     + Upper body (still sore, ouch)
Thursday: Sick
Friday: 5 miles easy
Saturday: 5 miles
Sunday: Long Run Hmmm

Total for the week: 27

I had fully intended on a long run today, but with this cold now in my chest and not feeling really great, I reluctantly skipped it and will run it Monday am. Good times.

A very smart little blogger planted an idea in my head after I posted my San Jose RnR Recap. Her major points:

1. If you want to get faster, run more miles
2. Don't add more speedwork (1x/week is plenty, you will just get injured)

So simple, yet not. 

We exchanged a few emails and chatted about HOW I could do this and if it was realistic...and it is. It really got me thinking about how I feel when I run more per week vs. per less. And really...I feel better running more. I feel stronger, faster, more confident. I run between 30-35/week consistently (give or take depending on my current happenings) and she suggested I bump up to 40-50. A little scary but I think I can handle it. And really, full marathon training IS right around the corner, so it should work out nicely.

So there ya have it. It's not science after all. (well I suppose it is)

The weekend has been pretty great! A dinner date with Wade and a Sun's game on Friday night, lunch al fresco on Saturday, homemade soup and a movie last night. It's been lowkey and laidback, my favorite kind of weekend. Off to enjoy the rest of my WHOLE WEEKEND off, thank you Real Estate Gods.

No comments:

Post a Comment