Thursday, September 29, 2011

Smoothie Queen

It was a smoothie breakfast kinda morning....

We woke up a little earlier than usual to get in our 8 mile run because Wade had to be in the office early. We started out running in the dark which was actually quite nice during the week. The school buses and teenagers driving to school isn't quite as peaceful and quiet as my summer runs were.

I drank A LOT of smoothies over the summer. They are refreshing and filling when it's warm out and also quick and easy. It's also a good way to get my protein in.

Here was my concoction for today:

Blend together the following ingredients:
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup frozen mango
1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder (I use Muscle Milk)
small handful frozen raspberries
handful crushed ice
couple drops of coconut extract


Wade went for Chocolate and Banana tonight, equally delicious.

I guess I'll go shower now. Lame.

No comments:

Post a Comment