Monday, December 19, 2011

Wonderful Weekend

I had a WHOLE weekend off! It was amazzzzzing! I even told Wade last night how shocked I was that I received no phone calls and only a handful of manageable emails. Win for me.

Highlights:

1. Friday Night - NOTHING. After an entire week of events, I couldn't wait to get home and sit on my ass. Achieved.
2. Christmas Shopping. We had one more person to buy for and while at the mall, we picked a name off the Christmas Angel tree. 10 year Bernice is going to have a Merry Christmas...
3. Dinner out....a few delicious beers might have been enjoyed as well.
4. 2 lunch dates with my favorite person.
5. A morning of ARR's Desert Classic...and not feeling a bit bad about dropping out of the 30k. Awesome last minute decision...doing it relay style with my favorite running partner. It was pretty rough though, a ton of hills...a small race so most miles were spent alone, and of course, feeling the last bits of this awful cold. But I had SO much fun with this talented group of people I have been spending so much time with.


6. Homemade Zuppa Toscana soup, Sauvignon Blanc, a fire crackling...all while watching Shawshank Redemption.


Our family does VERY minimal gifts (only the kiddos on Wade's side and we draw a name on my side) which I love. As I grow older, I have realized that Christmas has nothing to do with malls, gifts, spending excessive amounts of money for one day of gifting.....when being an adult, I can buy things for myself that I need or want. Instead, we focus on food, drinks, and just being with each other. Another reason it's my favorite Holiday of the year.

Happy.Lucky.Blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment