Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 in Review

Welp...here we are. The end of 2011. Where did it go? I could have sworn I was just celebrating the Holidays of 2010.

I guess time flies when you are having fun.

I was out for a run earlier and was reflecting on the past year (I'm so intelligent and full of thoughts, hehe) and what I have accomplished. This time last year, I was prepping for my first race ever. My first. I vividly remember the feelings that would run (no pun) through my head (and stomach) every time I thought about running my first 13.1. Scary. The Unknown. I remember every detail of the night before, the morning of...and the complete high I felt that entire day after I crossed the finish line.

My time wasn't fast. But I did it. I have to remember that when I worry about being faster, being skinnier, being healthier, splits and course maps. At the end of the day, I'm doing something and that something makes me happy.

The racing bug got the best of me. It occupied several weekends, and I'm happy with that.

2 - 5K's
1 - 10K
1 - 15K
1 - 10 Miler
4 - 13.1's
1 - 30K Relay (15K/leg)
1 - Ragnar Relay (<---awesome)


Of course, I had several "PR's" being that I had no previous times to go against (cheat, yes) but my last half marathon of this year was a real big deal to me. After I ran my 1st half a year ago, I couldn't EVER imagine running a race under 2:00 or in the 8:XX pace time. I did it, and I felt rad.

I went from a 2:20 half marathon to a 1:53 half marathon in just less than a year. I shaved off about 7-8 lbs. I learned A LOT, not just about the sport, but about me. I made new friends...I tightened bonds with current ones. I joined a running club, became a Board Member. I found a hobby both my husband and I can enjoy together. My career is going in the direction I want it to go, Wade's new business is booming, we are all blessed, happy and healthy. This is not a brag post (well not to others, but maybe to myself), but a post to myself, to tell ME that I am proud of myself and I can achieve what I want, if I set a goal. My blog will hold me accountable, and my legs and heart will hopefully take me through some more achievements in the next year.


  With meeting goals, you must make new ones. Over the next few days, I will be thinking about my "bucket list" for 201 and what I want to accomplish over the next year. I know it will include running, racing, cycling and some other cool stuff.

Happy New Years! 


No comments:

Post a Comment