Friday, January 13, 2012

Nerdy Runners Unite!

Tonight was my 3rd "official" social activity with the Arizona Road Racers. No pressure or expectations seeing that every other event has had a showing of about 10 people in the past. But I plan on taking my job as serious as I can (and if you know, I'm not too serious) and getting our numbers up and making our social events an actual event vs a pathetic showing of a few random people.

As the biggest and oldest running club in Arizona, we have a pretty decent number of members and have several great and well attended races throughout the year, I'm proud to be a part of it. 

I just got thrown into this mix recently, so I am basically doing what they have done in the past just to get myself comfortable...but once I do, I want to start being creative and doing some fun club events.

That's the point of belonging to a club, right?

Tonight we honored our volunteers and invited all of our members out to announce the winners of our 2011 Grand Prix (year long competition, pretty rad...more to come on that)...and to eat pizza and be nerdy and talk about running.


Last year we had about 10 attendees....this year about 45-50. I'm pretty happy about that.

And my buddy Raj from this post...it was was special day for him, so of course he got a cupcake. 


I have an AMAZINGLY fun weekend ahead of me... my BFF is running her first full marathon so she is in town...something that involves 10+ miles of obstacles (I'm not part of that bad boy) mixed in, and my 5th half marathon....stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment