Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Back in the Saddle

So that weird stomach bug that derailed me for the past 3 days...I think it has left the building. I spent Sunday-Tuesday basically being a lump. Laying, watching TV,  sleeping, and definitely not caring about personal hygiene. Lucky Wade.

I finally ate a real meal last night (yay for ham and cheese omelets) and trudged into the gym this morning for a much needed workout with Naydine. I told her to take it easy on me, and she did. Kind of.

I broke a sweat within the first minute of weighted one-legged squats and didn't stop until I completed my 5 mile run/walk. Yikes.

I feel 100% better now. And hungry.

I won't be hitting 39 miles this week, but aiming for 30-35, depending on how I feel. We are heading up North for the weekend, so I'm super happy to bust out a long run in the cool mountain temps.

Anyone have anything fun they are looking forward to this weekend?

1 comment:

  1. You are a beast my friend. If I had been sick like that, a workout including a 5 mile run/walk would have been the last thing on my mind! So glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete