Monday, September 10, 2012

Planning Ahead

I am a planner. Known fact.

Ask my husband. Ask my family. Ask my best friends.

I always have been. I like lists, I like whiteboards, I like notepads and love me a good sexy spreadsheet.

I put my menu for the week on a white board in my kitchen.

I track my running schedule and workouts on a color coded spreadsheet.


It's kind of like my inner nerd peeking out....but just a little.

So the point of this post is planning ahead...you see, I have the rest of my year etched out. Not to a "t". Not my meals, or my work schedules, or every daily task, but I have lots of weekends planned, races scheduled, parties and sporting events to attend.

And the Holidays....oh Lordy how I love the Holidays.

I asked Wade if I could put up my Halloween decorations last week. It didn't fly. He told me I was ridiculous however, I prefer spirited.

My reasoning? I like having things to look forward to. Vacations, great weekends ahead, dinners with friends, it makes me happy and gives me an extra boost in the mornings knowing fun things are just ahead.

A few things I am really looking forward to the next 2 months...

{September}
  • The return of Fall. (Holiday decor, slightly cooler temp, Pumpkin Lattes from Starbucks)
  • Wade's FIRST Triathlon! 
  • Our house is being painted and new bedroom furniture.
{October}
Are you planners? What are YOU looking forward to this Fall? 

No comments:

Post a Comment