I always try to write my goals down. Each year.
I like lists. I like crossing stuff off those lists even more than the actual list making process...hello crazy.
I don't make New Year's resolutions because I prefer the actual meaning of goal vs. resolution. Either way, if someone can achieve something they wish to achieve, then I like both terms.
I usually hide my goals on a word document buried deep within the files of my laptop. These are my goals, things for me to accomplish....or fail at, privately. But with everyone around me putting it out there, I thought it would be a good exercise in holding myself accountable, and honestly why shouldn't I share them?
2012 here I come...
- Stretch. Foam roll.
- Strengthen - lean up, use my muscles more.
- Ride my bike every week. Outside, or on the trainer.
- Run. Run more. Track miles.
- PR. On something. Or everything. (OK not really)
- Don't be so stringent. If I'm supposed to run, and want to spin....spin.
- Do something new that scares me. (I'm lookin at you Triathlon, full mary)
- Be healthy. Appreciate my body.
- Work harder.
- Try new things.
- Food, music, events, books, daily grind.
- Love more each day. Friends, family, husband.
- Explore my State. (Sedona yes, you are booked)
- Travel. Europe.
- Unplug. Cell phone/laptop/TV. Use them less.
- Think twice before buying. Do I need it? No? Walk away...
- Invest in a REAL camera. And take a class on how to use it.
- Take more photos.
I turn the BIG 3-0 this year...I have mixed feelings about getting "older". I am happy at where I am in life...but a part of me wants to put a freeze on getting any older. Guess I'll be turning 30 every year until I die. Or I will work on being excited and happy about it...most people I know (over 30) have told me their 30's were the BEST years.
Of course, this list will evolve throughout the year...things will be added, adjusted, dropped off or pushed back. That's OK...starting somewhere is the most important thing.