Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Motivation with a hangover.

Fall Racing is definitely here. Each weekend my Facebook feed is filled with photos, stories, and new PR's from friends all over. I love it.

And as you know, I also love a good spreadsheet. I love a plan. Now executing the plan...that's the tough part.

The other night, we sat down and finally watched the 2012 Ironman Kona Championships from a few weeks ago.

Motivating? Yes. 
Intimidating? Heck Yes.

These chics are beasts. Animals. Machines. Athletes.

Miranda. My Favorite.

I know that will never be me, and that's OK....but every once in a while, I think to myself...could I train for an Ironman? Would I? Could I handle it physically or mentally?

And then I snap back to reality. I'll just make Wade do one someday.


I was amped up to run the next morning and I knocked out a great 6 mile run and then did a full body weight circuit. I was excited to log it and proceed with the next day'd double run.

And then I got drunk on election night. And woke up hungover and swore off alcohol forever. Who do I think I am? (<--- an idiot?)

I missed my double runs today. But that's OK, I kinda had a good excuse.


Two of my best friends from High School. Steph was in town from Florida and we finally got our shit together and made plans. It had been 6 years since the 3 of us were together. We laughed, talked and reminisced for 4 hours. (and Steph and I apparently drank too many beers, oy)

So tomorrow's a new day, time for that double run day.

2 comments:

  1. Ironman sounds overrated, but I still think you should come up here and do the women's tri with me... SUCH a blast, and you would kill it!

    ReplyDelete